Thursday, 2 July 2015

Cornelius Update

It's been a while since I did any updates so thought I'd share some of the progress I've been making on Project Cornelius. I'm busy scripting the comic at the moment which is up to about 30 pages and still growing. I have also been working on a new Zombot model to take to the shows and basically terrify everyone into reading the comic when it comes out.

It's early days yet but the base is an old picture frame which I'm building up with air drying clay. Once the clay pavement is finished I can start building the feet and adding detail.

This is the underside of the body which will slot onto the waist when finished. There will be extra armour plates and electrical bits detailing under here when done.

This model was kind of started because I found part of a piece of christmas packaging for the dome that happened to fit perfectly into an old SMA tin. Thus a monster was born.

Just as an indication to the size I've placed a 12" ruler next to him. The legs and body now support their own weight which is a major step. A little more strengthening is required because it's pretty top heavy but you can see where it's heading. Arm and shoulder are the next big additions.

Clumsy Pickle

No comments:

Post a Comment